Council’s Customer Service Centre is open from 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, except for public holidays. The Centre is located at 16 Memorial Avenue, Merrylands. The Council Chambers are also in this building.
The Customer Service Centre is the place to lodge documents and forms, pay rates, request services, and make enquiries. If the service staff cannot help you, they will guide you to someone who can. Council’s Customer Service Policy can be viewed online.
If you need to make a payment of any kind Council accepts cash, cheque, money orders, EFTPOS, and credit card (VISA and MasterCard only, American Express is not accepted, a 0.6% fee will apply).
- Street Address: 16 Memorial Avenue, Merrylands, NSW 2160
- Postal Address: P.O. Box 42, Merrylands, NSW 2160
- DX number: DX 25408 MERRYLANDS
- ABN: 22 798 563 329
Contact By Phone
- Telephone: 02 9840 9840 (24 hour service, including after hours emergencies)
- Fax: 02 9840 9734
- Interpreter Service: 13 14 50
- National Relay Service: 13 36 77
- Teletypewriter Customer Service: 9840 9988
- Teletypewriter Library: 9840 9983
Contact by Email
All email enquires will be forwarded to the General Manager or the most appropriate Council Officer for a response.
- General Enquiries: email@example.com
Compliments and Complaints Form
Please use the Compliments and Complaints Form to submit a formal statement about any positive experience or complaint you wish to raise with Council. An acknowledgment letter will be sent within five working days to the email provided below. Details contained in this form may be disclosed in accordance with the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 or the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act. Personal Information is collected and maintained by Council and you have the right to access or correct personal information in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act.
Guarantees of Service
The Council has adopted the following Guarantees of Service in the Delivery Program review process:
- We will continue to maintain our commitment to the highest standards of customer service.
- We will reply to all letters within 10 days by either interim or final reply.
- We will consult with our stakeholders on changes to policy or services.
- We will be helpful and courteous in all dealings with our stakeholders.
- We will abide by Council’s adopted Code of Conduct to maintain high moral and ethical standards at all times.
- We will progressively implement further guarantees of service to match stakeholder needs.
- We will keep our residents fully informed of Council’s services through the website in a timely manner.
The Guarantees of Service are reaffirmed each year when the Delivery Program/Budget is adopted for the ensuing period.
The Guarantees of Service constitutes a major plank in the strong commitment to Council’s Customer Service.