Learn how your community organisation can: Master challenging & uncertain times - Engage your audience & market your services - Maximise your potential & revenue.Artists Impression - Merrylands CIty SquareTosser - you know it's wrongLearn more about your environment and ways to reduce and dispose of waste
Merrylands Station and McFarlane Street Precinct Review Holroyd City Council has undertaken a review of building heights, built form and other related development controls within the Merrylands Station and McFarlane Street Precinct in the heart of the Merrylands CBD.
The Sometime Centre Long Day Preschool - Vacancies Now for 2016 - Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm - Phone 9631 6066 or email: scfp@holroyd.nsw.gov.au
‘Explore Holroyd’ – Visit Beautiful Historic Sites, Picnic in Perfect Parks and Enjoy Gourmet Cultural Foods.
The Merrylands City Centre Revitalisation Project is underway. See what transformations are planned for turning Merrylands into a vibrant, active, and exciting City.
Council is looking to help facilitate the revitalisation and renewal of Wentworthville Town Centre.
Quality, affordable child care and education... Based on flexibility and family.

Development Guide


Our Three-Step Process

Any type of development, from building an access ramp or granny flat to a new home or shopping centre, will either be an:

  • Exempt Development – Low impact developments, such as fences, barbeques, driveways and sheds.
  • Complying Development – Straightforward developments, such as home renovations and additions or a new home up to two storeys.
  • Not Exempt or Complying Development – All other development e.g Local and State significant development.

The type of development you are undertaking determines the steps you need to take to get the job done, the right way.

Arabic - CMYK

Step 1: Determine what type of development you are undertaking

Use the quick, simple and free Electronic Housing Code System (EHCS). The EHCS will advise you if your development is either Exempt or Complying.


Step 2: Start works or engage an expert

  • If your development is Exempt, you can start works without engaging Council or a private building certifier. The EHCS will still provide a detailed report on any relevant development standards.
  • If your development is Complying, you need to employ Council or a private building certifier for a complying development certificate before starting works.

For more information on Council’s efficient and competitive building certification services, please visit Your Development > Building Guide.

  •  If your development is Not Exempt or Complying, you need to submit a Development Application (DA) to Council and wait for approval before starting works, either yourself or with the help of an architect or builder.

For information on DAs, please visit Your Development > Development Applications.


Step 3: If you have any questions, contact our development experts

To find out more about our service, please contact the Development Services Team via 9840 9840.

Useful Links