City Centre Revitalisation (Public Domain Project)
- To refresh and update the look and feel of the Merrylands City Centre
- To support the revitalisation of the Merrylands City Centre
- To improve connectivity within the Merrylands City Centre
- Will support the activation of laneways for pedestrians
- Will create a blueprint for developers on the look and feel of the Merrylands City Centre
As part of the Merrylands City Centre Revitalisation Project, Holroyd has identified the need for a fresh new modern look and feel for the streets of the Merrylands City Centre. The City Centre Revitalisation (Public Domain) Project will provide a consistent look across the City, specifically in the areas of hard and soft streetscape landscaping for existing and future developments.
The City Centre Revitalisation (Public Domain) Project will promote activation between laneways and transport areas for pedestrians throughout the Merrylands City Centre by providing suitable lighting and walkways.
Existing and future developments will benefit from a fresh and modern look for the Merrylands City Centre, by providing a consistent blueprint for delivering the public streetscape for years to come.
Q & A
What areas does it cover?
The City Centre Revitalisation (Public Domain) Project will involve all public areas of hard and soft landscaping within the streetscape across the Merrylands City Centre.
It will include all streets, laneways, open space, transport areas, City Square and retail strips.
When will it occur?
The revitalisation of the City Centre through modern and fresh landscaping will be ongoing, through the programmed replacement of existing street furniture (as required) and through current and future development.
What things are being looked at?
Areas that will be covered by the City Centre Revitalisation (Public Domain) Project include:
- Bus stops;
- Cycling Facilities;
- Companion and animal facilities;
- Street signage;
- Trees and soft landscaping;
- Hard paving.
Where is it up to?
Council is currently developing a detailed concept for Merrylands road upgrade as a stage 1 demonstration project.
City Centre Revitalisation (Public Domain Project) Timeline
- September 2015 – Idea gathering
- October 2015 – Interpretation
- November 2015 – Consultation round 1
- November 2015 / May 2016 – Stage 1 detail design
- May 2016 – Consultation round 2
- August 2016 / March 2017 – Stage 1 delivery
- April/July 2016 Finalise strategy
- September 2016 – Adopt strategy
- 2016-2026 – Strategy delivery