Holroyd Council has adopted the following Charter of Residents’ Rights:
- Holroyd City Council recognises the need to incorporate a clear statement of rights for residents, and to keep the community informed about its decisions and activities.
- Members of the public are entitled to attend most meetings of Council and to be heard at these times. Council has, for this purpose, embraced the concept of a Public Forum at the start of each meeting.
- Further public submissions in relation to rates and charges or indeed any matter contained within Council’s Management Plan may be made at any time during the period of public exhibition of the draft Plan.
- Council also has a policy whereby residents are notified of Development and Building applications which may affect them. All residents are entitled to view plans of proposed development and lodge written submissions.
- In addition to the Local Government Act 1993, residents are protected and entitled to access information under the following circumstances:
- The Council website will provide an enhanced gateway for residents to access Council information and interact with Council on all issues of concern and interest.
The Charter is reaffirmed each year when the Management Plan/Budget is adopted for the ensuing period and constitutes a major plank in Council’s strong commitment to customer service.
Holroyd City Council has sought to exercise due care and diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the material contained on this site. No person should place reliance on information obtained from this website in circumstances where loss, damage or injury is possible. In such circumstances, the enquirer should make specific enquiries of Council and obtain the required
advice or information directly from authorised Council Officers in writing.
Holroyd Council disclaims, to the full extent permitted by law, all liability for all losses, expenses, damages and costs the user may incur as a result of, or associated with the use of information on this site for any reason whatsoever.
Any reference and/or link to a third-party site is provided for informational purposes and is not an endorsement of that site or its content. No responsibility is taken for any information or services which may appear on linked third-party sites.
The materials present on this website, apart from those which belong to third parties, are copyright Holroyd City Council.
You may download, display, print and reproduce material on this site in unaltered form only for personal, non-commercial use. This notice must be retained.
Apart from any use permitted under Australian law no content on this website may be reproduced, modified, adapted or published. Commercial use is prohibited.
Requests and enquiries concerning reproduction and copyright should be addressed in writing to email@example.com or to:
The General Manager
PO Box 42
MERRYLANDS NSW 2160